Physiotherapy Service at Nyle Hospital Effective and Patient-friendly
Important Goals of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a paramedical profession involving entire body approach to enhance health and wellbeing, and thereby the general lifestyle of a person. Physiotherapists are professionals who help people affected by illness or disability or injury by using manual therapy, specific movements and exercise, education and counselling.This profession aims:
To maintain the overall health of individuals by helping them to manage the so-called pain as well as to prevent severity of disease.
To help in development of body by facilitating speedy recovery
To enable patients to perform all daily activities independently, despite their health issues.
Conditions Handled by Physiotherapy Department
Physiotherapists apply their knowledge and skills to overcome the conditions of various body systems such as:
- Neurological (e.g. Parkinsons, multiple sclerosis, strokes)
- Neuromusculoskeletal (e.g. arthritis, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, sports injuries)
- Cardiovascular (e.g. rehabilitation following heart stroke or attack)
- Respiratory (e.g. cystic fibrosis, asthma, wheezing)
Type of Physiotherapy Techniques
There several type of approaches that are used commonly by the physiotherapists:
- Joint manipulation
- Joint mobilisationtechniques (gentle gliding)
- Minimal Energy Techniques(METs)
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation(PIM)
- Muscle stretching
- Soft tissue massage
Physiotherapy Taping Physiotherapists make use oftaping and strappingtechniques for preventing certain injuries.In addition, kinesiology taping is used for obtaining effective results.
Acupuncture and Dry Needling Acupuncture anddry needlingis utilised for aiding in pain relief as well as muscle function.
Physiotherapy Exercises Exercise therapy has scientifically been approved as one of the very effective methods to strengthen tissue muscles and enhance body functions as well as prevent injury and pain.Real-time ultrasound physiotherapyis nowadays preferred by people so as to monitor muscle contraction with the help of a monitor.
Biomechanical Analysis Biomechanical assessment and observation and diagnostic skills help to avoid or detect sports and musculoskeletal injuries. Sports PhysiotherapySports physiotherapist is the person who can help players or participants in speedy recovery from injury and suggest ways to prevent the occurrence of injury and improve their performance.
Physiotherapists provide help in setting up an ergonomically designed organisation for employees wellness and for improving productivity. They educate the employees to settle in the best postures while working to avoid stress and strain of the body.
Commonly Used Physiotherapy Treatments
- Biomechanical analysis
- Early injury therapy
- Gait analysis
- Sub-acute soft tissues injury treatment
- Real-time ultrasound physiotherapy
- Proprioception and balance exercises
- Electrotherapy and local modalities
- Soft tissues massage
- Brace or support therapy
- Joint mobilisation techniques
- Kinesiology taping
- Stretching exercises
- Muscle strength exercises
- TENS machine
- Supportive strapping and taping
- Video analysis