Obstetrics & Gynaecology Service at Nyle Hospital
Caring for womens health is one of the inspiring and rewarding careers in the medical field. The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (O&G) at Nyle Hospital cares for womens health all through their life journey right from infancy to menopausal stage and further. Labour and delivery is a memorable and life-challenging event for all women, and obstetricians dedicate their life in rendering support and care during maternity period. However, O&G services extend beyond childbirth and focus upon womens health and its improvement in all stages of lives. This department is generally team-based including obstetricians/gynaecologists, surgeons, qualified nurse or midwives, and physicians assistants who work towards womens care and research.
Specialty Services of Gynaecologic Department
- The Gynaecology Division deals with preventive measures and therapy for diseases or disorders associated with female urinary and reproductive systems.
- The Gynaecologic Surgery Division provides surgical care to women detected with cancers in the reproductive organs.
Maternity Related Services
- The Obstetrics Division provides personalised care for women before, during (labour and delivery) and after pregnancy (pueperium). Obstetricians and nurse/midwives take care of mothers periodic inclusive examinations and delivery preparation classes.
- Maternal and Foetal Division provides special care to women who are subjected to high-risk pregnancies involving medical, obstetric, genetic or surgical complications.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Division handles problems causing infertility in women, such as abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroid tumours, endometriosis, repeated abortion as well as risk of genetic disorders.
Management of Gynaecological Issues
The wide range of gynaecologic services is provided for the following reproductive problems of women:
- Anorgasmia and Endometriosis
- Cervical and Vulvar cancer
- Cystocoele and Enterocoele
- Decreased libido
- Fistulas and Hirsutism
- Imperforate hymen
- Incontinence (faecal and urinary discharge)
- Lichen planus and Lichen sclerosus
- Menopause and Menorrhagia
- Miscarriage or Pregnancy loss (recurring) and Premature ovarian failure
- M??llerian agenesis
- Ovarian cysts and Ovarian cancer
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse and Pelvic pain
- Rectocoele and Rectovaginal fistula
- Septate uterus
- Urinary incontinence and Uterine cancer
- Vaginal agenesis, Vaginal septum and Vaginal cancer
- Vesicocutaneous fistula, Vesicouterine fistula, Vesicovaginal fistula
Diagnostic Tests and Treatment
- Abdomen, Vaginal and Urethral reconstruction
- Chromosome profiling and Colposcopy
- Fascial grafts
- Injecting Botulinum toxin
- Hysterosalpingogram and Hysteroscopy
- In vitro fertilization and Laparoscopic reconstructive therapy
- Preimplemented genetic diagnosis
- Sacral nerve stimulation
- Urodynamic testing
- Pubovaginal slings
- Robotic surgery Hysterectomy, Vaginal vault prolapse
- Ultrasound and Sonohysterography
Other Forms of Special Treatments
- Relaxation techniques
- Pessary for prolapse
- Pelvic floor re-education
- Urge suppression drills